As insurance brokers we are compensated through a commission, which generally ranges from approximately 10% to 25% of the annual premium that you pay the insurer. The commission is included in the premium that the broker submits to you.
However, we can charge you other types of fees, including professional fees, for certain services such as:
- Drawing up a new contract;
- Renewing your contract;
- Making a change during the term of the contract;
- Cancelling the contract, if need be.
The amount we charge for professional fees is determined by the following criteria:
- Your broker’s experience;
- The time devoted to the case;
- The difficulty of the matter;
- The size of the case;
- The liability assumed;
- The provision of unusual services;
- The result your broker obtained.
Our fees most often range between $15 and $250. Please note your broker is obligated to declare the fees that will be charged before invoicing.