Insurance protections tailor-made to answer the specific needs of framers.
Coverage for artworks and framing material
- Coverage for artworks entrusted for framing, while at the shop or in transit. Limits of insurance can be temporarily increased if you are asked to frame a high value artwork.
- Coverage for framing material
High limits of coverage available.
Basis of valuation for artworks can be the current market value or an agreed amount between you and the owner of the artwork. Framing material is insured at replacement cost.
Coverage for your framing shop to protect yourself from the financial consequences of a physical loss due to fire, theft, breakage, water damage, etc. Property insurance can cover your:
- Tools and equipment
- Furniture, computer, etc.
- Improvements made to your shop
Business interruption covers extra expenses and loss of revenue following damage to insured property.
Coverage in case of a lawsuit
- General liability insurance to cover the legal costs to defend you should you be sued for having caused bodily injury or physical damage to a third party. If the Court finds you guilty of negligence, the Insurer will also pay the indemnity to the harmed person.
Example: the owner of your rented shop sues you for damages to the building following a fire that started in your shop.
Faulty workmanship coverage now available! Covers the cost to redo or repair work that was poorly done.
- Errors & Omissions insurance because no one is immune from a lawsuit, whether it is justified or not, for having caused a financial loss resulting from a professional error. The Insurer will pay legal expenses to defend you in case of a lawsuit, and the indemnity if the Court finds you responsible for the loss suffered by the plaintiff.
The use of the wrong type of glue might result in a financial loss for your client, such as a loss in the market value of the artwork, prompting a lawsuit.