Insurance protections tailor-made to answer the specific needs of illustrators.
Members of Illustration Québec can benefit from a 15%* discount.
Coverage for your studio to protect yourself from the financial consequences of a physical loss due to fire, theft, breakage, water damage, etc. Property insurance can cover your:
- Original drawings / artworks
- Tools and equipment
- Furniture, computer, camera, etc.
- Improvements made to your studio
Business interruption covers extra expenses and loss of revenue following damage to insured property.
Coverage in case of a lawsuit
- General liability insurance to cover the legal costs to defend you should you be sued for having caused bodily injury or physical damage to a third party. If the Court finds you guilty of negligence, the Insurer will also pay the indemnity to the harmed person.
Example: the owner of your rented shop sues you for damages to the building following a fire that started in your shop.
- Errors & Omissions insurance because no one is immune from a lawsuit, whether it is justified or not, for having caused a financial loss resulting from a professional error. The Insurer will pay legal expenses to defend you in case of a lawsuit, and the indemnity if the Court finds you responsible for the loss suffered by the plaintiff.
An infection, scar or allergic reaction might result in a lawsuit, whether the claim is true or alleged.
- Media Liability insurance to cover the legal costs to defend you, following a claim from a third party for having violated their intellectual property, including plagiarism, misappropriation of ideas, libel, slander. The Insurer would also pay the indemnity to the third party for which you are legally liable.