Did you know?
Most people think they are unlikely to become involved in a legal dispute, but an employment issue, faulty goods or a tax issue are actually very common.
- 48% of Canadians over 18 will experience at least one civil or family justice issue over any given 3-year period.1
- The average hourly rate for an experienced lawyer in Canada is $414.2
- The cost of lawyer fees alone, for an average civil court case is $10,750.1
Most small business owners are unable to face the cost and complexities of the Canadian legal system without expensive legal help and advice.
For as little as $215 per year, a Legal Expense Insurance policy will allow you to defend or pursue your business’ legal rights and reputation without worrying about the cost and stress involved to resolve the dispute.
With this policy, underwritten by ARAG and available through ASSURART, you would be covered up to $100,000 per claim and $1,000,000 per year for various disputes related to:
- tax investigations & compliance
- property damage following trespass, legal nuisance by a third party
- compliance & regulations
- statutory license appeals
- personal identity theft (targeting your directors or associates)
- breach of contract & debt recovery
The insurance also includes:
- 24/7 access to a Legal Info Helpline
- Access to lawyers who can review legal documents of up to 6 pages per year
- Access to a library of legal document templates
For more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlxDd_yOOlk&t=23s
To get a quote:
Click here to fill out the application form: (Under Construction)
1 Farrow, Trevor C. W.; Currie, Ab; Aylwin, Nicole; Jacobs, Lesley; Northrup, David; and Moore, Lisa, "Everyday Legal Problems and the Cost of Justice in Canada: Overview Report" (2016). Osgoode Legal Studies Research Paper Series. http://digitalcommons.osgoode.yorku.ca/olsrps/150
2 Bruineman, B., “Steady Optimism – 2019 Legal Fees Survey” (8 avril 2019). Canadian Lawyer Magazine.